Murifins and Summer 2021 - We are in process/planning
We are in the process of trying to setup swim team for this summer. This will be VERY different, so stay tuned, we will all need to be flexible. We are not sure yet how our meets are going to be held, most will be virtual, and they will only have one spectator per swimmer. We will do our best to update the website when we know more information, but many items will not be known until closer to swim season.
UPDATE: Registration is now open!.🏊🏊
Champs Results File
SPORTSMANSHIP AND SWIM TEAM ETIQUETTE
Like all team sports, Swimming also requires being a good team mate and having good sportsmanship. However, since we're in the water swimming individually it's hard to know what is right. Here are some tips:
- It is a swim courtesy to stay in your lane until all swimmers have finished the event you just swam
- It is a swim courtesy to congratulate the swimmers in the lanes next to you - whether you win or lose. You should be excited and proud of your performance but should never blatantly brag about it to the swimmer you just beat or show bad sportsmanship by pouting about getting beat.
- Parents - you have responsibilities too! You should not be on the deck. The deck is the area where kids line up to swim by the blocks. Even if you have 6&U, that is not the place for you. It is difficult for the timers and swimmers and coaches to get lined up when parents are on the deck -- please watch your child as a spectator - from the side, from the end of the pool or from the bleachers. At Champs you can actually DQ your swimmer (and possibly our team) if parents are on deck.
We are in a league that is friendlier toward swimmers regarding deck entries and relay alternates BUT we still need to be considerate of the coaches as they determine meet entries.
Click on "Schedule"; then drop down to "how to declare meet entries" to learn how to declare your child (then do it for the rest of the meets this summer)
Please help the coaches and your swimmers by following these rules for meet declarations:
- Declare attendance or absence by NOON 2 days before each meet. Declaring absence is important because coaches can't tell if an undeclared child will be absent or if parent has forgotten to declare - all undeclared swimmers will be treated as absent swimmers.
- If you are unsure about attendance and there is a possibility your swimmer will attend, select ATTENDING & NOT available for any relays. This will ensure we have no last minute relay issues.
- If you don't declare on time, we CAN NOT get your child into the meet.