Murifins Swim Update - 5/13/21
Some swim team updates:
- The announcements by the state this week will currently NOT impact us this season. If this changes we will let you know, however, as of now, no changes for us at this time.
- registration is now closed and there will be no late registration.
- if you have a "new" swimmer please understand that this year is going to be different, and if you have a swimmer that is not ready for swim team, our coaches will let you know during the first week of swim team and we will refund your money.
- we are working to put together a Muirfins 101 Google Meet sometime in late May - stay tuned for more information.
- Our gear is here! Check out the Team Store!
- we will have live in person meets and virtual meets this year - but we'll all have to work together on this, because there are a limited number of bodies allowed on the deck. If you know your swimmer is NOT interested in competing at the meets, please let the coaches know and that will free up a spot for another swimmer.
- don't forget you can purchase your swimsuits at Mo's. Information is on the website.
- First day of practice is Tuesday, June 1.
- Practice schedule below: NOTE: Updated end times.
Champs Results File
SPORTSMANSHIP AND SWIM TEAM ETIQUETTE
Like all team sports, Swimming also requires being a good team mate and having good sportsmanship. However, since we're in the water swimming individually it's hard to know what is right. Here are some tips:
- It is a swim courtesy to stay in your lane until all swimmers have finished the event you just swam
- It is a swim courtesy to congratulate the swimmers in the lanes next to you - whether you win or lose. You should be excited and proud of your performance but should never blatantly brag about it to the swimmer you just beat or show bad sportsmanship by pouting about getting beat.
- Parents - you have responsibilities too! You should not be on the deck. The deck is the area where kids line up to swim by the blocks. Even if you have 6&U, that is not the place for you. It is difficult for the timers and swimmers and coaches to get lined up when parents are on the deck -- please watch your child as a spectator - from the side, from the end of the pool or from the bleachers. At Champs you can actually DQ your swimmer (and possibly our team) if parents are on deck.
We are in a league that is friendlier toward swimmers regarding deck entries and relay alternates BUT we still need to be considerate of the coaches as they determine meet entries.
Click on "Schedule"; then drop down to "how to declare meet entries" to learn how to declare your child (then do it for the rest of the meets this summer)
Please help the coaches and your swimmers by following these rules for meet declarations:
- Declare attendance or absence by NOON 2 days before each meet. Declaring absence is important because coaches can't tell if an undeclared child will be absent or if parent has forgotten to declare - all undeclared swimmers will be treated as absent swimmers.
- If you are unsure about attendance and there is a possibility your swimmer will attend, select ATTENDING & NOT available for any relays. This will ensure we have no last minute relay issues.
- If you don't declare on time, we CAN NOT get your child into the meet.