MUIRFINS BOOSTER CLUB, INC
ARTICLE I –NAME OF ORGANIZATION
The name of the organization will be “Muirfins Booster Club, Inc.” an Ohio not-for-profit corporation (Fed ID #31-0984883) which will be operated in accordance with the meaning and provisions set forth of Section 501(c)(7) of the Internal Revenue Code.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE
The purpose of the Muirfins Booster Club, Inc. will be the year-round monetary and moral support of the Muirfins Swim Team and will include coordination and direction of swim meets.
ARTICLE III – OFFICERS
The elected officers shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. They, along with the Immediate Past President shall service as the Executive Committee.
ARTICLE IV – BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Anyone serving on the Board must have an eligible enrolled swimmer on the Muirfins Swim Team. Holding a Board position will meet the volunteer obligation for the swimmer’s family. A person may serve in only one Board position in a given season, with the exception of the Audit Committee and the Nomination Committee.
The Board of Directors shall consist of the Immediate Past President; the 4 elected or appointed Officers as outlined in Article III. In addition to the Executive Board members, the following Committee Chairpersons will serve as Board members with voting rights:
- Swim Meet Director
- Assistant Swim Meet Director
Additional committee chairpersons may be appointed as deemed necessary by the President (subject to Board approval). Job descriptions for chairpersons may be changed as deemed necessary by the President (subject to Board approval) and will be available upon request.
Each member of the Board of Directors is entitled to one vote. The President shall have no voting rights except to break a tie vote by the Board. Voting rights are extended to those voting Board members in attendance at the Board meetings as long as a quorum of a simple majority of the Board is present. In the absence of a simple majority, additional votes will be sought electronically and the vote will be recorded in the minutes.
If a member of the Board is absent from three consecutive Board Meetings, except for reason of extenuating circumstances, the office shall become vacant and the Board shall have the right to appoint a new Board Member.
ARTICLE V – ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility to swim is determined by the following:
- Swimmers must be members of families in good standing with The Muirfield Association as determined by The Muirfield Association.
- Swimmers must have paid the fee as set forth by the Muirfins Booster Club, Inc. by the date set forth in the current year’s registration packet.
- Parents of swimmers must agree to fulfill three volunteer duties per season as set forth by the Muirfins Booster Club, Inc. in the current year’s registration packet.
ARTICLE VI – ELECTION OF OFFICERS
The election of officers shall take place electronically prior to the end of the current season (with every attempt being made to vote prior to the end of season Awards Ceremony). Booster members shall have at least ten (10) days’ notice of the vote and proposed slate of officers. This notice will be given electronically. Booster members may contact the Nominating Committee to self-nominate. The closing date for self-nominations is 7 days prior to the electronic vote.
In the event of a vacancy after the election, the President, with Board approval, will appoint a replacement to fill the vacancy. A vacancy in the office of the Immediate Past President will not be filled.
ARTICLE VII – DUTIES OF OFFICERS
All Executive Officers shall be responsible for the duties of their position as outlined below.
Basic duties include (but are not limited to):
- Shall preside at all meetings of the General membership and the Board of Directors.
- Shall coordinate Board activities necessary to carry out projects and activities on a year-round basis in the best interest of the Muirfins Booster Club, Inc. including the appointment of all Chairpersons.
- Shall serve as liaison to the Muirfield Association and will be a SSCL League Representative.
- Shall lead and complete the process for hiring and contracting coaching staff according to procedures in Article X.
- Shall preside at any General or Board meetings in the absence of the President.
- Shall assume role of President for the following year.
- Shall keep complete records of all proceedings of General meetings and Board of Director meetings and report accordingly.
- Shall be responsible for all internal communications of the Board of Directors relative to General meetings and Board meetings.
- Shall coordinate and record in the minutes all electronic votes to Board and General membership.
- Shall be custodian of the funds of the Muirfins Booster Club, Inc. and shall receive and disburse them as directed by the Board.
- Shall report financial standings at Board and General Meetings.
- Shall secure all necessary insurance policies.
- Shall be responsible for the filing of tax returns
- Shall be audited by the 1st meeting of each year to be held subsequent to election of new officers for such year.
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
- Shall assist President as necessary.
- Shall serve as Chairperson of the Nominating Committee.
- Shall lead the electronic officer election. If the Immediate Past President cannot lead the election, the President shall appoint a member of the Nominating Committee to do so.
ARTICLE VIII – GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS
There shall be two (2) General Membership meetings during the year:
- Spring in conjunction with the Team Sign-Up;
- Late summer in conjunction with the Awards Ceremony.
- Members shall be given notice of meetings electronically at least ten (10) days prior to meeting dates.
ARTICLE IX – COMMITTEES
The President (with Board approval) has authority to establish committees and their descriptions of duties as deemed necessary. A list of current committees will be made available on the official Muirfins website, www.Muirfins.com.
ARTICLE X – EMPLOYEES & HIRING
The President, with Board approval, shall determine the employees and their salaries.
- Open positions shall be posted on the website by February 1st.
- All applicants for coach positions (head or assistant) will be presented to the Board of Directors for consideration.
- All hired positions shall be made official by the President per a majority vote of the Board and signed contract.
- All applicants for coaching must be 19 years old or completed first year of college. No coach may also be a Muirfins swimmer.
- Applicants who are hired must review, agree and sign Code of Conduct guidelines.
- Additional hiring requirements may be specified by the President as necessary, subject to Board approval.
ARTICLE XI – AMENDMENTS
Amendments to these By-laws may be made at any General membership
meeting (or via electronic vote) by a majority vote of the voting membership.
ARTICLE XII – FISCAL YEAR
The fiscal year shall be defined as that period from January 1st to December 31st